Thursday, January 17, 2013

Top 6 Singers


Without a doubt I believe Christina Augilera is the greatest voice of my generation. I choose Christina, well because I believe her voice is extremely unique compared to many other artists. Christina's albums are always much worth the wait. Listing to all her albums shows you just how much her music varies. Need I mention her vary musical motion picture Burlesque. The movie was an overall amazing experience that left me dancing and singing for weeks. To replace the voice of Christina is just impossible. She brings style of old blues feel with a lot of soul to the modern pop.

My second choice of voice is Adele. The first time I heard the voice of this amazing British sensation I could tell right away she had an amazing career in front of her. Her voice is also very soulful and unique. The first time I heard her voice was on her video of Chasing Pavements. I then knew she was going to bring blues back. Although she was considered a bit of a joke along with Taylor Swift for their non stop heartbreaking music. it must have felt good for Adele to receive a lawsuit from ex-boyfriend for using him as inspiration for her music and making millions.   


Oh the "guilty pleasure" of many, including myself, Robin Thicke in third. I truly believe that the only reason he is not as huge as many other artist is because of the fact that his music is very, how sould I explain it? Sensual. Robin Thicke is not just amazingly beautiful on the outside he also has an amazing pair of lungs on the inside. The song that I first heard from Robin Thicke was Lost Without You, since that day anything Robin Thicke has amazed me. One place I would have not expected to find Robin Thicke was on the soundtrack to one of my new favorite children movies Despicable Me amazing movie and amazing soundtrack.

Beyonce where to start? How about with diva extraordinaire. I can say I was a fan of Destiny's Child dispit the fact that one thing I was not a fan of was the split of the group. With the group or, without Beyonce has continued on very successful and has made many people get up and dance as well as sing their heart out in the car with her soulful voice.


James Blunt is an artist who catches my attention when I hear him on the radio. The song I know him for is Beautiful such a catchy song that keeps you singing when it comes on the radio, no matter how horrible of a voice you might have. Although for some reason James Blunt never really made it onto my ipod or even onto my Pandora account, yet he is also an amazing voice.


The sixth voice on my list is Alicia Keys not just an amazing voice but also an amazing pianist. One thing I love about artist like Alicia Keys is that I have been able to see her rise to fame, and with every new album and radio hit her songs tend to stay a style all her own. Alicia Keys never seizes to amazing even on collaborations, such as the New York anthem Empire State of Mind, a collaboration with Jay-Z. The voice is amazing and the piano skills add a bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment